- Do you feel that something very unusual is going on in your intimate
- Are your instincts telling you that the problems in your relationship are
much more complex than the problems other couples are dealing with?
- Do you feel misunderstood or disbelieved when you share your concerns
with other people?
- Are you confused?
- Do you suffer from physical, sexual, financial, emotional or psychological
abuse in your intimate relationship?
- Is communication a major obstacle in your relationship?
- Does your intimate partner embarrass you in social contexts? Is he/she boring others with excessive details, being offensive, or disclosing private information? Is he/she very silent and avoidant, or on the contrary, does he/she tend to take over the conversation?
- Does your intimate partner have a hard time showing empathy, being
supportive or sharing feelings?
- Do you suffer from emotional deprivation?
- Does your intimate partner cling to routines and show inflexibility or
extreme black and white thinking?
- Does your intimate partner have obsessive tendencies or show extreme
- Does your intimate partner indulge an exaggerated amount of time in
work, in a special hobby or in a specific area of interest?
- Does your intimate partner show complete loss of interest in sex, or on
the other extreme, obsession about sex?
- Did you experience unsuccessful couple therapy that left you with the feeling of being misunderstood?
If you answered ‘yes’ to most or all of these questions,
then there’s a good chance that you’re in a mixed-neurological marriage.
Dr. Pnina Arad